AUSMECTIN® CATTLE POUR-ON is a ready-to-use solution of ivermectin, a member of the macrocyclic lactone class of endectocides, which has a unique mode of action.
It acts selectively in invertebrate nerve and muscle cells resulting in paralysis and death of the parasite.
AUSMECTIN® CATTLE POUR-ON is indicated for the control and treatment of:
- ivermectin-sensitive gastrointestinal roundworms (including inhibited immature Ostertagia ostertagi):
- lungworms (Dictyocaulus viviparus)
- eyeworms (Thelazia spp.)
- sucking and biting lice
- chorioptic and sarcoptic mange mites
- buffalo flies (Haematobia irritans exigua)
- cattle ticks (Boophilus microplus).
Ivermectin has a long intrinsic half-life, which provides excellent residual protection against parasitic reinfestation for a varying period depending on the target parasite and the pharmaceutical nature of the ivermectin formulation.
Active Constituents: IVERMECTIN 5 mg/mL
The formulation should be applied along the topline in a narrow strip extending from the withers to the tailhead.
- Large Animals (10kg and heavier) 1mL per each 10kg of body weight
- Smaller Animals (0.1 - 10kg) 0.1ml per Kg of body weight or 3 drops per kg
WITHHOLDING PERIODS: MEAT: DO NOT USE less than 42 days before slaughter for human consumption. MILK: NIL