Protecting your chickens is easy with
The ChickSafe Advance automatic chicken coop door opener is a tough and reliable system for automatically opening your coop door in the morning and closing it in the evening as light levels fall, keeping your birds save and giving you peace of mind. Complete with space-saving 2-stage sliding door kit with long lasting uPVC runners and fully exterior grade weatherproofed aluminium door.
Running on only 4 x AA batteries (included), our Advance hen house door opener is easy to fit to any chicken coop with a vertical sliding (or hinged) door. The all-in-one design makes setting up a breeze - no messy wiring or limit switches to attach to your coop. Simply secure the control box to the front of your coop with the 2 screws provided, tie the lifting cord to your existing door and you’re away. No manual calibration is necessary; the ChickSafe Advance automatically adjusts to the height of your hen house door.
Like the Eco model, the ChickSafe Advance features a novel mechanism (patent pending) with only one moving part and no mechanical switches for ultimate reliability. Weatherproof and made from UV resistant materials it is designed to work in extreme conditions and can lower and raise a door weighing up to 8 Lbs. It features an 'auto-stop' if a chicken is obstructing the door.
Because the ChickSafe work by detecting light levels and look for slow changes in light they aren't affected by car headlights at night. For your convenience the sensitivity of the falling light level is adjustable and an indicator shows that the door is open, closed, if the batteries are low or if there's a fault. The batteries level is also shown on the digital display.
Unlike the entry level Eco model, the ChickSafe Advance has fully digital menu driven controls with a programmable real-time clock timer and full manual door control allowing the user to open or close the door at a set time and to override the automatic system. By a simple press of a button the user can at any time either open or close the door or hold it in its current position until the override is switched off - handy if trying to isolate birds in the hen house.
The ChickSafe Advance also comes with a unique weekend 'lie-in' feature which allows the user to delay the opening of the door in the morning on 2 days out of 7 to a selected time which can be used to keep the birds contained for longer at weekends.
The space-saving coop door and runner kit included is a great solution for those with limited height who are not able to use their existing coop door or do not yet have a door. Suitable for nearly all coops it is easy to fit with the 6 screws provided and will get you set up in no time.
For long-life the 2 runners are made of uPVC and the door of fully exterior grade weatherproofed aluminum for excellent corrosion resistance. Strong yet light, this kit is an ideal replacement for chicken coops with horizontal sliding doors or for chicken coops with heavy doors. The 2 door panels each measure 11.8 inches wide x 7.3 inches tall for a maximum pophole size of 11 inches wide x 13 inches high. The two runners measure 22 inches in height.
- Easy to fit - self calibrating
- Fully digital menu driven controls and display
- Adjustable light sensor and programmable timer
- Weekend 'lie-in' feature
- Manual opening/closing feature
- Suitable for -20 to 120°F
- Weatherproof, UV resistant designed to work in extreme conditions
- Unique robust mechanism (patent pending)
- 8 Lbs door lifting capacity
- Auto-stop feature if a chicken is obstructing the door
- Powered by 4 AA batteries supplied
- Long battery life - typically 1 year
- Retains settings when you need to change the batteries
- Indicator visible up to 100 yards away - Door status, low battery warning, fault alert
- Battery level shown on the digital display
- Easily adjustable light sensitivity for closing
- Not affected by lightning or car headlights
- Space-saving 2 stage sliding door kit included
- Includes 2 long lasting uPVC runners, 2 fully exterior grade weatherproofed aluminium door panels and 6 screws
- Maximum pophole size 11 in wide x 13 in high
- Low maintenance
- Full 3 year warranty when purchased through Uneek Poultry
Like all Brinsea’s products, the ChickSafe Advance has a FREE 3 year guarantee, when purchased through Top Knot Poultry Supplies.
If you are unsure of which ChickSafe model to buy our handy specifications chart should help you to make up your mind:
Product code: CS025
What’s included in the box:
- 1 x Brinsea Chick Safe Advance Opener
- 4 x AA Batteries
- 1 x Battery holder
- Set of screws and nuts
- 2 x Door Panels
- 2 x Door rails
- 1 x Fitting Instruction Manual
Tools needed for installation are,
- Philips screw driver (PZ1)
- Drill with 1.5 mm and 3 mm diameter drill bits
- Tape Measure
- 5.5 mm spanner or pliers
The Brinsea ChickSafe Hen House Door Openers are subject to EU Design Registration No: 007041611-0001